GRANITE CANDLE FILLING INSTRUCTIONS
Thank you for purchasing our decorative granite candle. Your granite candle is equipped with 2 ounce metal reservoirs that are epoxied to the bottom of the stone. The wick is made of fiberglass, and will last for years without replacing. It is housed in a copper wick holder, and is kept in place with a small piece of cotton pipe cleaner. For a ¾” to 1” clear flame, the top of the wick should be 1 to 2 cm above the copper flared wick holder. For a higher or lower flame, simply adjust the wick up or down in the wick holder. The wick holder is also equipped with a brass compression ring that is used to elevate the wick holder above the stone.
After using your candle for an extended period of time, you may notice a black carbon buildup on the top part of the wick that may cause the flame to not burn as normal. If this happens, simply pull the wick out from the top of the copper wick holder, and trim off about 2 to 3 cm using a razor blade. Then readjust the wick so that the top is 1 to 2 cm above the copper wick holder.
YOUR NEW CANDLE BURNS LIQUID PARAFFIN BASED LAMP OIL.
FILLING THE RESERVOIR FOR THE FIRST TIME
• Grasp the copper wick holder and the brass spacer and pull them out of the hole in the granite.
• Insert the provided funnel and pour in no more than 2 ounces of liquid paraffin based lamp oil. Lift the funnel slightly while pouring to prevent air lock. Liquid paraffin lamp oil is available at most hardware stores, or Granite Creations.
• Once each reservoir is full, wet the frayed end of the fiberglass wick in a small amount of oil to keep the fibers together, grasp the copper wick holder by the top and insert them back into the holes using a slight twisting action so as to seat the wick in the reservoir.
• Allow about 5 minutes for the oil to absorb into the wicks before lighting.
FILLING THE RESERVOIRS AFTER THE CANDLE HAS BEEN USED
• Extinguish all flames and let the wick holders cool down for 5 to 10 minutes before touching.
• Once cool, pull the wick holder assembly out of the holes and place them on a paper towel, as the wicks will be oil soaked.
• Fill the reservoirs in the same manner as noted above, making sure not to overfill.
• Wipe away any oil residue that may have gotten on the stone, and insert the wicks back into the holes as noted above.
PLEASE NOTE: FILLING INSTRUCTIONS FOR LANTERN CANDLES
• Do not remove the granite candle from the lantern when filling, as this will disturb the surrounding gravel stones.
• Simply pour liquid paraffin into the small bottle provided, and then insert the provided funnel into the reservoir hole and fill.
Your stone candle will burn for 6 to 7 hours on a fill up. Do not leave to burn unattended, and keep out of the reach of children.